Saturday, January 23, 2010

Im always afraid to scratch my nail on something metallic...is this normal?

I know that lots of people dont like nails on a chalkboard but Im like that with anything metally. Like my car when I open the door i am conscious of my nails everytime I do it. I make sure I dont scratch them underneath the handle. Ive done that before and I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack. Even now just thinking about it makes me feel a little anxious. Whats wrong with me? Is it normalIm always afraid to scratch my nail on something metallic...is this normal?
This is normal, I hate scraping my nails on metallic objects as well. Just keep your nails well trimmed and you should be okay.Im always afraid to scratch my nail on something metallic...is this normal?
It's an autonomic neuropathy - one or more sensitive neurons causing a health problem. The outcome of the neuropathy in your case is a change in brain chemistry due to environmental illness. Everyone has it to some degree and why people have quirks like you have with your nails.





The treatment is to avoid poisons, even in trace amounts to protect those sensitive neurons from stimulation, which is the same as poisoning to them. If you can, do an organic diet of all organic ingredients. That lowers you body's chemical load which makes it easier for the weak neurons to tolerate chemicals again, at least that's the hope. The alternative is to eat organic permanently. The advantage to your finger nail quirk is that you will know when your treatment is successful because the quirk will be gone.





These are products I found gentle on the nervous system to date because of their lack of scent and or low pesticide content: Tide-free, Aleve (non-gelcaps), Palmolive original dish detergent (use this for ALL cleaning- it's very gentle), Dr Bronner's unscented organic soap, spring water. No other products or any kind except food and avoid fabric softener. Right away wash all of your bedding, pillows, in Tide-free. That will allow your nervous system to get a good nights rest. It won't be so ';nervous'; during the day. Then start washing you clothes in the new detergent. Try using baking soda at night for teethburshing. It's pure with no pesticides to stimulate your nervous system all night long. Use Colgate's Peroxyl mouth rinse (a very little goes a long way) in place of mouthwash for the same reason.





Good luck to you.
It is a fairly normal reaction.





You just need to gradually get used to the various metals and cut you nails back some.
I hate that, scratching my nails on metallic things makes me feel nauseous. I don't know what it is but its bad i think lol.
i thought it was just me!





i find it's worse when it's cold *shudders*

No comments:

Post a Comment