Saturday, January 23, 2010

Im getting a rabbit soon, and i was wondering if i walked my rabbit would i need to trim his nails?

my dad said no because the concrete will act as a file and will save me the time...and money!Im getting a rabbit soon, and i was wondering if i walked my rabbit would i need to trim his nails?
Well, it depends.If you see his nails get long, then yes.Check out my source it has a lot in there that you'll need to know about your bunny.Im getting a rabbit soon, and i was wondering if i walked my rabbit would i need to trim his nails?
You don't 'walk' a rabbit. You can put a harness on it and take it outside, but you don't take it for a walk. Most rabbits will be scared and want to hide. They won't walk like a dog.


You still need to trim the nails. It's not hard. A vet or groomer will do it for you.
You can't walk a rabbit. They simply do not behave that way.





No matter what, you should check the rabbit's nails monthly. It doesn't cost anything to do it yourself!





With a flash light shining through the side of the nails to see the quick - the blood vessel. You cut a little bit after the blood vessel with clippers - I use toenail clippers on my small rabbits, of course I rotate the clippers sideways on the nail.





Also, check out House Rabbit Society - www.rabbit.org They have lots of info and articles on keeping a bunny.
yes your dad is right the nails will ge4t filed by the concrete. but remember to becareful wilth dogs and cats!!
no u dont have to!!








HOPE THIS WAS THE BEST ANSWER!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment