Friday, May 14, 2010

Does anyone know what the best remedy is to not chewing your nails. Im 48 and still at it. I need a cure fast?

Get gels done on your natural nail (no tips). You can get colour over them if you want, but you can just keep them clear if you're not into that sorta thing.





They cost money so you won't wanna wreck them. If you DO decide to bite them, they'll be hard and once the gel cracks and gets in your mouth, it'll taste/feel gross. They won't feel good unlike your natural nails :)





Good luck!Does anyone know what the best remedy is to not chewing your nails. Im 48 and still at it. I need a cure fast?
I have 2 suggestions, first... think about all the bacteria that's underneath your fingernails. Seriously, imagine all of the stuff your hands and fingernails touch everyday. Sure you might wash your hands but the bacteria can still get stuck under your nails. My second suggestion is that you give yourself a little reward for not biting them. Start out with every day you don't bite them you'll treat yourself to something. Then, move onto every week you don't bite them you'll treat yourself to something a bit bigger. As a reward to a month of not biting them treat yourself to a manicure! You won't want to bite your nails when they look pretty.Does anyone know what the best remedy is to not chewing your nails. Im 48 and still at it. I need a cure fast?
ive tried EVERYTHING:


tobasco sauce


vinegar


nail polish


the stuff you buy in stores





but the only thing that works for me is having fake nails done. because then i get used to not chewing them and by the time you get them off theyre longer and its not as tempting to chew them.
I'm 15, but as a youngin' I was an obsessive nail biter. Just paint your nails really fancy and tell yourself not to bite at it so you don't mess it up. Now, I have no urges to bite my nails but once in a while, if I bite off a piece of nail thats hanging off, I start getting back into it a bit again, but I just use the nail polish trick.





I know it sounds dumb, but its the only thing that worked for me.
look up pinworms on wikipedia. That should scare anyone out of chewing their nails.


It's really nasty though, so if you don't want to read that, uhh... hmm, try wearing gloves?





I have a habit of pulling my eyebrows when my hands aren't doing anything. I'm trying to stop, because one time I completely removed about an eighth of my eyebrow while reading... Not that the helps you, haha...


Sorry, but the pinworm wikipedia thing is the only thing I've got coming to me.


Good luck.
Trust me on this, i bit my nails for 10years.


My mm finally let me get the acrylic nails put on at the nail place.


They lasted me a month, so by the time they fell off my nails were long and pretty. I painted them and never bit them again.





I used to bit my nails all the way to the skin and make them bleed. But now im cured :)
Paint them with a really pretty paint you don't want to mess up


Go to a drug store. They have clear polish with a bitterant that is so gross.


Get a can of air to clean your computer keyboard. Spray the air on your fingers. They contain a bitterant so nobody tries to huff it. It tastes SO damn gross. Works like a charm...


Good Luck!
my mom would cut a garlic clove in half and rub it on my nails when i was younger it defiantly worked. I still do it today it makes them stronger and helps them grow and it keeps you away from chewing on them :)
i'm 49 and i'm still at it! i was tempted yesterday, but decided not to bit my nails. how do i do it? i try to become distracted into doing something else. that's the only thing that has worked throughout my lifetime. if i'm nervous enough, no amount of chemicals or deterrents placed on my nails would stop me. good luck.
Your local pharmacy should have a remedy for nail chewing. It's a clear nail polish and it tastes very nasty, so hopefully it can steer your away from it. It helped me.
you should've post this along time ago.





i have HAD the dame problem and i put nail polish on them and i didnt put them in my mouth because of all the toxins that could harm me in the nail polish!





or just pay a little extra to get acrlic nails!





yu choose but they both work!
Just think about all the people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom and the things they touch after wards...When you bite your nails your putting all that in your mouth. I kept reminding my ex-boyfriend of this when we were dating and it worked.
It takes pure will and determination. I used to bite my nails and decided I was going to stop. That is the only thing that worked for me.
48 that is a learned habit you need something better to do
my parents did the hot sauce thing to me when i was little.


JERKS.


lol. it didnt work tho, and i kept burning my eyes out whenever i got an itch. :(
Well i had the same problem!





You can buy this treatment to put on ur nails that when u try to put them it tastes horrible!





hope this helps!





P.S have a look in ur pharmacy!
if it dosen't work u can buy fake nails





answer mine?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?…
Ugh, once you find out let me know. My nails are disgusting because I chew on them all the time.
You could try putting some nail polish on your fingers. Works for my friends :)
soak ur fingertips in bug spray.
put some hot suace on ur fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment