Friday, May 14, 2010

I bite my nails and im trying 2 stop anny sugestions?

Biting your nails can be a very unhealthy and unsightly bad habit. Not only does it make your hands look unattractive, it’s also a good way to transfer all kinds of nasty germs from your hands to your mouth. I don’t know anyone who loves biting their nails; just about everyone who does it wants to stop, so here are some tips on how to stop biting your nails.





First, try to replace your bad habit with a healthier one. When you find your hands traveling towards your mouth, stop yourself and pop in a lollipop, or better yet a raw carrot, instead. It will take some serious, conscious effort on your part to replace your bad habit, but you can do it if you really want to. If you don’t even realize you’re chewing on your nails, try wearing a rubber band on your wrist and giving it a little pop every time you find your fingers in your mouth. That will help bring your consciousness to your problem so that you can learn how to stop biting your nails.





Another thing that might help you learn to stop biting your nails is to make your hands look as pretty as possible so that you don’t want to mess them up. Splurge on a salon manicure so you get some pampering and care lavished on your poor, bitten nails. It only takes about a week or so to start seeing some growth and once you see some progress, you’ll be less likely to want to bite. But remember—in time of stress you’ll be tempted to go back to biting, no matter how pretty your nails so you need to find some other way to relieve your stress, like meditation, journaling, or exercise.I bite my nails and im trying 2 stop anny sugestions?
Wear nail polish so everytime you bite your nails you taste the nail polish and eventually, you will stop.I bite my nails and im trying 2 stop anny sugestions?
put mustard on them. mmm... mustard.
Put something that tastes bad on your nails.
get some....NUTRA NAIL it makes them grow really fast and strong just keep your fingers out of your mouth for a few days and you will see the stuff working....you wont want to bite them again once you see how nice they are! and you can shape and paint them to your likeing : ]
Get clear nail polish and pour in ground pepper. Paint it on your nails daily. It will work as a constant reminder when you unconsciously put your put your fingers to your mouth. Bad fingernails is a turnoff to either sex.
If you are female, get a set of gel nails put on. That is the only way that I can ever have nice lookinghands. You can get them short. Or if you are male or female, get a manicure. It may deter you from messing up something that looks so nice.
It'sjust a nervous habit. Try chewing gum, or mints that you can just pop in your mouth if you feel the urge. Also, an added plus with gum is that you can buy mint or cinnamon and never have to worry about bad breath! Trident White actually does help keep your teeth healthy, also!
Every time you want to bite your nails put your fingers in your ear and get a little ear wax on them. It shouldn't take you long to quit. YUK!!!!!!!
Put nail polish with pretty hearts and starsn' stuff so your nails'll be too pretty to bite, :)


(I use to bite mine too)
There is a clear nail polish thing and it tastes really bad when you use it. It worked for me for a couple weeks but I couldnt handle it anymore. It might work better for you though =)
Dang, I had the same problem. When I was little I used to bite my nails like crazy. My grandma hated it, and my parents just thought it was a faze. I'm 13 now and I don't bite anymore. It's sick and gross and not attractive. People who bite their nails are nervous, or tend to be. Just try to stop. This might sound weird or whatever, but take clear nail polish and put it over your nails, this will prevent biting. Good luck. :) sav.
When I was a kid I was told to soak my nails in something bitter like vinegar and when you go to bite them (makes a sour face) it should stop. Good Luck





:)
My other friends chewed gum
They used to make a very bad tasting clear nail polish. You might want to check into that.
I stopped biting my nails a few years ago. All I did was make sure they were always covered in nail polish, so, whenever I bit them, I got the disgusting taste of nail polish in my mouth. Eventually I just stopped because I knew the polish would taste bad.
foul tasting nail polish
There is some kind of polish you can paint over them and it tastes horrible. My nephew was biting his nails and that's what they had to do. I think it's a Sally Hansen product.
chew alot of gum
Think of dirt you have in your nails and you can get it in your mouth by biting your nails. This may help you to stop biting your nails.
I used to bite my nails all the time and I stopped when I used the glue on fake nails, I got used to the feel of the longer nails, and the glue tasted horrible. After I got used to not biting them, I used a vitamin E lotion for strengthening nails to make them stronger. Now I don't bite my nails and have long ones of my own.
If you go to a walgreens, CVS, or a specialty beauty supply store like Sally's they have nail polish in their nail care sections that is built to taste badly when you put it on your nailsso that it stops you from biting. If you can't find it ask an associate and they will help you! Good luck on the biting.
Wear gloves.
Get acrylic nails. You will love having long nails so much you will grow your own out.
You could carry around a nail clipper and when you feel like chewing your nails, get them out instead. You could also try the nail-polish they make that had a bad taste. If you really want to quit, you can stop.
manicure your nails really nicely so that you just think their gorgeous.. other then that.. try to keep your mind off of it, and figure out when it is that you usually put your fingers in your mouth.. youll notice a pattern about when you do it.. and find other ways to deal.
Put some hot sauce on them, start with Tabasco, and if that doesn't do it go to hotter brand.


There are also some stuff which tastes awful without a smell you can get from the drug store. but pepper is best:):). check out sites such as ';stoppicking.com'; or ';beauty.about.com/cs/gorgeousnails1/ht/s…


good luck
pee on them and dont wash your hands
the easy way and the hard way.


easy- go to a nail salon and put on acrylics.... your nails would grow under them and by the time you take them off they would be fairly long. they would be weak though so put on a nail strengthening polish which should hopefully deter u from biting


hard- stop biting one by one. this is what i did. so 1st you say you'll only bite one hand. I'm right handed so I said I'll stop biting my left hand and only bite my right. whenever u feel like bitin ur nail... bite your right. then when you left hand nails grow out you would have gotten accustom to not biting them. then you tell yoruself your only going to bite all your nails MINUS your pinky finger. so concentrat on biting the other 4. when your pinky nail grows out... remember to only bite your other 3finger MINUS your ring finger now. and do this till you reach your thumb


YOU JUST HAVE TO remember which nails your allowing yourself to bite and be concious of it.
put nail polish. it will look pretty and once u taste the yucky chemical taste, u will stop!
soak them in habanero hot sauce. gay-ron-teed to work

No comments:

Post a Comment