Monday, May 10, 2010

I have a habit of Bitting my nails since I was little now Im 24 how do I stop?

I have tried everything fake nails, ungly tasty cream, gloves, my nails really look ungly anyone got any Ideas???I have a habit of Bitting my nails since I was little now Im 24 how do I stop?
I used to have the same problem. WHen I was 19, I finally decided I wanted pretty nails. I had tried the nail biter nail polish and all that crap. It doesnt work. THe only way to stop biting your nails is to simply stop. Eventually, you will get to the point that you'll stop, and you'll actually think it's completely disgusting. Next time you go to bite them, just think of all the dirt %26amp; germs that get on your hands after such simple tasks as touching a door knob or picking up things other people have touched. All that dirt and germs is under/on your nails also..do you really want to put that in your mouth?I have a habit of Bitting my nails since I was little now Im 24 how do I stop?
ONLY babies bite their fingernails.

Report Abuse



I used to have this hand creme that tasted like dirt (literally). I got it at a bath shop. I think it was a hemp type of brand. Works great, though you need to re-apply after going to the bathroom (assuming you wash afterwards :)
I bellive that there is some kind of finger nail polish that tastes REALLY bad. It is designed for nail biters; I am not sure where you can purchase it however I know that it is out there.
You should try putting things on your fingers that would prevent you from bitting them like something that tasted nasty or sour (but doesn't have an affect on your everyday activity). You can also put tape or band aid around your fingers, but this will only be good when you're at home. LOL. My cousin used to suck her thumb alot and she said sitting on her hands helped her stop, but I never understood how that was helpful.


Another motivation could just be looking a the condition of your nails. NO woman wants her hands to look ugly.
Strong will helps a lot!Everytime you start bitting your nails just put your hand down,and something else to forget about that habbit.
You could:





1) Chop your fingers off.


2) Have your teeth removed


3) Don't use paper when you wipe your *** (think about it


4) put your hands in concrete and let it set.





You could also consider what guys might think of a girl with badly bitten nails. I find I make more effort with myself and appearance when I am attracted to someone.





Its not so much what you can do to stop it, more about you wanting to for your own sake. You can only give something up if you want it bad enough.
I have the same problem, I have always heard of using hot sauce so that you realize when you bite your nails, you will get the heat on your tongue, but I have never tried it myself

No comments:

Post a Comment